Cook time8 minutes
For the Dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of Anchovy Paste
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- Ĺ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- 1/3 to Ĺ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the Chicken:
- 4 6oz Pieces of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, pounded thinly
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Salt Free Steak Seasoning
- 1 Clove of Garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp of Dried Rosemary, crushed between your fingers
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the Rest of the Salad:
- 6 or 7 cups of Mixed Baby Greens, washed and dried
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and sliced
- 8 Thick Slices of Baguette
1) To make the dressing, in a bowl whisk together the mustard, anchovy paste, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Once thatís all combined, gradually add in the oil in a slow stream while whisking constantly, add the cheese and whisk to combine it all. Place it in a mason jar and set aside.
2) To make the chicken, preheat a grill pan over medium heat.
3) In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oil, vinegar, seasoning, garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper. Make sure the chicken is well coated in the marinade and set aside for a few minutes while the grill pan gets nice and hot.
4) Cook the chicken for about 4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through (this might take longer if the chicken isnít pounded thin enough)
5) Remove to a plate to cool slightly.
6) Brush the slices of bread with a little oil and grill them on both sides on the hot grill pan until they develop grill marks. Set them aside.
7) To serve, toss the lettuce with a little of the dressing (shake the dressing up if itís been sitting for too long) then place the dressed greens on a platter, cut the chicken in large strips and place them on top of the salad, arrange the hard boiled eggs all around the sides and top with the crispy bread slices!