Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 625
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
For the Chimichurri:
1 cup of Fresh Parsley
3 Tbsp of Fresh Oregano
3 Small Cloves of Garlic
¼ cup of Chopped White Onion
3 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar
⅓ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
For the steak:
1 (1 lb) Flank Steak
1 Tbsp of Paprika
2 tsp of Chili Powder
2 tsp of Granulated Garlic
2 tsp of Granulated Onion
2 tsp of Brown Sugar
Salt and Lots of Black Pepper
1) In a blender (or food processor or with an immersion blender and a bowl) add the parsley, garlic, onion, oregano, salt, pepper and vinegar.
2) Blend until the mixture starts to break down and slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
3) Place the mixture in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple hours.
4) Preheat your grill pan to medium/medium-high heat (somewhat in between).
5) In a small bowl, mix together all the spices and brown sugar. Brush both sides of the steak with the olive oil, evenly sprinkle the spice mix on both sides of the steak and set them aside for 10 minutes while the grill pan is preheating.
6) Place the steak on the grill, grill them for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until desired temperature.
7) Slice the steak thinly and drizzle some of the chimichurri on top and the rest on the side.