Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 174
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
4 Large Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch thick slices and cut the slices in half so that they are half moon shapes
1 Bulb of Fennel, trimmed and sliced
1 cup of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
¼ cup of Red Onion, sliced
½ cup of Mixed Olives, pitted and chopped
1 cup of Italian Salsa Verde (check out the episode on how to make Italian Salsa verde to find out how to make it)
About 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Toss the potatoes with some olive oil and place them in a single layer on a microwave safe plate and microwave them for 10 to 12 minutes or until fully cooked through. The easiest way to know when a potato is cooked is by taking a sharp knife and inserting it in the center and if it comes in and out with no resistance they are ready.
2) Meanwhile, preheat a grill pan over medium high heat.
3) When your potatoes are out of the microwave, grill them on the hot grill pan for a couple minutes on each side or until they develop lovely grill marks.
4) As soon as they come off the grill, season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
5) In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes with all the remaining ingredient and toss everything well so that the salsa verde is coating every piece of veggie and potatoes.
6) Serve right away or pop it in the fridge for a couple hours so that the flavors can penetrate the potatoes.