Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 130
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
½ lb of Whole Wheat Pasta
1 Large Zucchini, halved
1 Medium Eggplant, sliced into large pieces
1 Small Red Onion, ,sliced into thick slices
1 Red Bell Pepper, halved and seeds removed
1 Head of Garlic, roasted
3 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil for the veggies
4 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4oz of Baby Arugula, washed and dried
1/2 cup of Kalamata Olives, pitted and halved
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut the whole head of garlic in half horizontally and drizzle it with a touch of oil. Wrap it tightly in aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Let cool completely
2) Bring a large pot of water up to a boil and salt it generously. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
3) Heat a grill pan or you outdoor grill to medium high. Lightly coat the veggies with some oil and grill for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
4) Let cool completely.
5) In a large bowl, put the roasted garlic cloves (without the skin) the vinegar and oil and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until everything is combined and a vinaigrette has formed.
6) Chop your grilled veggies into bite size pieces and add in the bowl with the vinaigrette along with the drained pasta,olives and arugula. Let sit for about an hour before serving because it tastes better as it sits.