Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 713
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 3 BaguettesPrep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
3 1/2 to 4 cups of 00 flour or All Purpose Flour ( start with 3 1/2 cups of flour, if your dough is really too sticky, add the remaining 1/2 cup of flour)
1-1/2 cups of Warm Water
1-1/2 tsp of Yeast
1 tsp of Sugar
2 tsp of Salt
1) Add the sugar and yeast in a small bowl and set aside to proof for about 5 minutes.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the flour and salt along with the yeast mixture.
3) Mix on medium-low speed for about 6 to 7 minutes or until you have a smooth and somewhat creamy looking dough. (dough will be extremely sticky at this point but itís supposed to be)
4) Oil a large bowl with some vegetable oil and place the dough in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place it somewhere warm to rise for about an hour or until doubled in size.
5) Dump dough on a floured surface and cut into 3 equal pieces, roll each piece into a 12 inch rope and place them on a three piece baguette pan.
6) Cover with a towel and let them rise until doubled, about an hour.
7) Preheat the oven to 475 degrees, place a cast iron skillet on the bottom rack in the oven.
8) Place the baguette pan on the top shelf, quickly add 1 cup of water to the pan and shut the oven door immediately.
19) Let them bake for about 30 minutes or until crispy and brown.
12) Allow them to cool a bit before serving.