Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 887
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Prep time: 2 hrs
Cook time: 15 mins
3-1/4 cups of Bread Flour
2-1/4 tsp of Active Dry Yeast
2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
1 tsp of Salt
1/4 cup of Olive Oil
1-1/4 cup of Warm Water
For the topping:
1 Tbsp of Granulated Garlic
2 tsp of Italian Seasoning
1 tsp of Sea Salt
5 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, melted
1) In a small bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the water, add a small pinch of sugar to it and let it sit for a few minutes until the yeast is activated.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, add all of the remaining ingredients along with the yeast and water mixture, mix on medium speed for about 4 to 5 minutes or until you have a smooth ball of dough.
3) Oil a large bowl with some olive oil or vegetable oil, place the dough in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow it to rise in a warm spot for about an hour and a half or until doubled in size.
4) Meanwhile, prepare two baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper and set them aside.
5) Remove the dough from the bowl, place it on a floured surface and using a rolling pin, roll it to about a 12x15” rectangle, cut out 16 strips, give each one a gentle twist and place them onto the prepared baking sheets.
6) Cover them with a kitchen towel and allow them to rest for about 45 minutes or until they have risen a bit. At this point, preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and mix together the granulated garlic, Italian seasoning and sea salt.
7) Brush the tops of the breadsticks with the melted butter, sprinkle over the seasoning mixture and pop them in the oven.
8) Bake them for about 15 minutes or until golden brown on top and bottom. As soon as they come out of the oven, brush them with a tad more butter and let them cool slightly.
Enjoy them warm or hot straight out of the oven.