Preparation2 hours 0 minutes
Cook time15 minutes
ServingsMakes 4 small pizzas
- 3-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar, plus 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/3 cups of Warm Water, 110 degrees
- 1 Envelope of YeastFor the Sauce:
- 3/4 cup of Tomato Sauce or Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic, to taste
- 1 tsp Granulated Onion, to taste
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the Garlic Oil:
- 1 Small Clove of Garlic
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- About 2 cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
To make the dough:
1) Add the yeast and 1 tsp of sugar to the warm water and set it aside for about 3 minutes.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a dough attachment, mix together the flour, salt, sugar and olive oil. Stir the yeast in the water to make sure its all dissolved and add it to the flour mixture.
3) With the speed on medium, mix until everything it's combined and allow it to knead for 4 to 5 minutes or until the dough becomes nice and smooth.
4) Oil a baking pan with some vegetable oil or olive oil and set aside. Divide the dough into 4 pieces and roll into a ball. Place each ball of dough into the oiled bowls, seam side down and brush the tops of the dough with a little oil to stop them from drying out. Place a couple pieces of plastic wrap on top of the dough and cover the whole pan with a kitchen towel.
5) Place the dough in a warm spot and allow it to rise until doubled in size, about an hour or so.
6) To make the sauce simply mix together all of the sauce ingredients and adjust the seasonings to your taste, meanwhile preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
7) For the garlic oil, stir together the garlic, oil and Italian seasoning, set aside.
8) Using your hands or a rolling pin, roll out each piece of dough into a 7-8” circle, place them on a baking sheet and bake them for 5 minutes.
9) Top the pre-baked pizzas with the toppings of your choice, I usually do a few pepperoni pizzas and a few white pizzas.
10) Place each pizza in a large freezer bag, stack them and pop them in the freezer.
11) When you’re ready to bake them, preheat your oven to 450 degrees and also preheat a pizza stone or an upside down baking sheet.
12) Pop the frozen pizzas in the oven and bake them for about 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and crispy and the cheese is melted and bubbly.