Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 896
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes a Few DozenPrep time: 12 hrs
Cook time: 10 mins
3 Packs of Unflavored Gelatin
1-2/3 cups of Granulated Sugar
1 cup of Light Corn Syrup
2 tsp of Vanilla Bean Paste
5 Tbsp of Confectionerís Sugar Mixed with 1 Tbsp of Cornstarch
Additional Confectionerís Sugar for dipping
1) Add 1/2 cup of the cold water in the bowl of a standing mixer, sprinkle over the gelatin and set aside.
2) In a saucepan, add the remaining water, granulated sugar and corn syrup, cook over medium heat until the mixture reaches 240 degrees when tested with a candy thermometer (this takes about 10 minutes).
3) With the motor running on medium low, stream the sugar mixture (on the side of the bowl) into the gelatin mixture, once itís all in, increase the speed to high and mix for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the mixture becomes very thick and itís warm but no longer hot. Add the vanilla at the last minute or so and make sure itís well incorporated.
4) Meanwhile, prepare your pan. Grease a 9x13Ē metal baking pan with some non stick spray, sprinkle over half of the confectioner sugar mixture making sure to coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
5) Add the marshmallow mixture to the prepared pan, flatten the top as much as you can and sift over a bit more of the remaining confectioner's sugar mixture just to give it a light dusting.
6) Allow them to sit at room temperature for 6 hours or overnight to set.
7) When ready to cut, invert them to a baking sheet, and cut them into desired shapes and sizes using a sharp knife. Make sure to dip the knife in some confectioners sugar between each cut so it doesn't stick to the marshmallows.
8) Toss them in some confectionerís sugar to coat them on all sides and enjoy!