Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 1098
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 8Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
For the dough:
2-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
2 tsp of Active Dry Yeast
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 tsp of Granulated Sugar
1 tsp of Salt
1 cup of Warm Water, about 110 degrees Fahrenheit
For the toppings:
About 12 Figs, halved
3 Tbsp of Honey
1) Add the yeast and sugar to the water and set aside to proof for about 5 minutes.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the flour, salt, olive oil and yeast mixture and mix on medium speed for about 7 minutes or until the dough comes together and itís nice and smooth.
3) Lightly oil a large bowl, lightly form the dough into a ball, place it in the oiled bowl (brush a tad bit of oil on the top and sides of the dough) wrap with plastic wrap and pop it somewhere to rise until doubled in size, this can take up to 2 hours.
4) Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of a 10-1/2 inch metal pan, take the dough and press it evenly in the bottom of the pan.
5) Top the dough with the figs (cut side up) and drizzle the honey evenly over the top making sure to cover the whole surface. Cover the focaccia lightly with either a towel or plastic wrap and allow it to rest for about 45 minutes.
6) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, bake the focaccia for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Lightly brush a tad bit more honey around the edges as soon as it comes out, then let it cool to room temperature and dig in!