Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 715
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
4 6oz pieces of Chicken Breast
1-1/2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Tbsp of Butter
1 Small Yellow Onion, sliced
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1/2 cup of Chicken Stock
1-1/2 Tbsp of Honey
1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp of Ground Mustard
2 tsp of Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2) Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and sear in the hot skillet for a few minutes on each side or until golden brown (doesn’t have to be fully cooked).
3) Remove the chicken on to a plate and add the butter, onions and a touch of salt and pepper in the same skillet and saute them for about 4 or 5 minutes or until golden brown.
4) In a small bowl, whisk together the stock, both kinds of mustard brown sugar, honey and garlic.
5) Pour the sauce in the skillet with the onions and bring to a boil. Add the seared chicken breast in the sauce, and allow everything to cook together for about 4 minutes or until fully cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
6) Sprinkle over the fresh parsley and dig in!