Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 724
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 1 LoafPrep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hrs
1 Envelope of Yeast (2-1/4 tsp )
2 tsp of Salt
1/4 cup of Honey
3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, melted
1-1/3 cup of Warm Water
3 cups of Bread Flour
1 cup of Old Fashioned or Quick Oats
1/3 cup of Non Fat Dry Milk Powder
2 Tbsp of Honey, warmed up a bit so it’s runny
2 or 3 Tbsp of Oats
1) In a small bowl, add the water, honey and yeast. Let it sit for a few minutes until the yeast is activated.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a dough hook attachment, add flour, milk powder, oats, salt and the yeast milk mixture.
3) Knead the dough for just a few minutes or until it comes together.
4) Turn the dough onto a floured surface and continue to knead until the dough is nice and smooth.
5) Lightly grease a large bowl, place the dough in the greased bowl, brush the top with a little oil and cover with plastic wrap.
6) Place in a warm draft free spot and let it rise for about an hour and a half to two hours or until doubled in size.
7) Grease a 9x5” loaf pan with some vegetable oil and set aside.
8) Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead it for a minute just to pull it together. Form it into a loaf, place it in the greased loaf pan (seam side down) cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rise for another hour or so or until doubled once more.
9) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, brush the top of the bread with the warmed honey and sprinkle the oats all over the top. Bake your bread for about 40 minutes or so or until lightly golden brown. If you see the bread turning brown too quickly, tent it with a little foil to stop it from getting too dark. Allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.