Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 904
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4- 6Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hrs
1/3 cup of Soy Sauce
1/3 cup of Water
1 Clove of Garlic, minced
1 Tsp of Grated Ginger
2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp of Mirin
1/4 tsp of Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp of Cornstarch
1 Tbsp of Water
1/3 cup of Honey
2 lb of Wings already trimmed
1) In a saucepan, add the soy sauce, 1/4 cup of water, mirin, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic, and simmer until the brown sugar dissolves.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the 1 Tbsp of water and cornstarch and add it to the simmering sauce. Allow it to thicken, turn the heat off and let it come to room temperature, meanwhile, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
3) Mix together the sauce, honey and hot pepper flakes and set aside.
4) Tumble the wings in a disposable foil baking pan (or wrap your baking pan with aluminum foil a couple times) drizzle over about half the sauce, pop them in the oven to bake for about 45 minutes to an hour or until they develop some deep color and cook all the way through.
5) Make sure to flip the wings a couple times throughout the baking process and baste them (skin side up) every 5 minutes for the last 5 minutes of baking.
6) Move them to a platter, scatter over some sesame seeds and green onions and serve!
NOTE: I doubled the sauce recipe in the video so I could have some on hand to use throughout the week!