Cook time30 minutes
For the eggs and sauce:
- 1 cup of Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup of Diced Tomatoes with Chilies
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 1 tsp of Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano
- 1 14-oz can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 Eggs
- Salt, to tasteFor the toppings:
- Toasted Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Cheese of your choice, I like Cotija or shredded monterey jack
- Chopped Scallions
- Lime wedges
1) Cook the onion in the oil in a large skillet with high sides for a few minutes or until soft and translucent.
2) Add the spices, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, black beans, about 1/2 cup of water and a good pinch of salt, bring to a boil, cover, turn the heat down to medium low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
3) Make 6 little wells in your sauce, then crack an egg, drop them in, season each one with a touch of salt, cover the pan with a lid and let them simmer for about 7 or 8 minutes or until cooked to your desired consistency.
4) Serve with the toppings and dig right in!