Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 361
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
1/3 cup of Strong Coffee Granules,
4 cups of Water
For the simple syrup:
¼ cup of water
¼ cup of sugar
Simple syrup or superfine sugar and Creamer to serve
1) In a saucepan, add the water and cook it just long enough to make the water warm but not hot, about 120 degrees.
2) Put the coffee granules in a pitcher and add in the warm water. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for 8 hours.
3) In a small saucepan, add the sugar and water and cook it over medium heat without stirring, for a couple minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Place it in a small pitcher and chill in the fridge.
4) After the coffee has steeped, line a fine strainer with a few layers of cheese cloth and place it on top of a clean pitcher.
5) Pour the steeped coffee through the cloth lines sieve and let it drain.
6) Serve over ice cubes and sweeten it with simple syrup or superfine sugar to taste. Add any kind of creamer you desire. Enjoy!