Cook time20 minutes
- 1 cup of Ground Almonds
- 1 3/4 cup of Cake Flour
- 1/2 cup of Potato Starch
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large or 3 medium Carrots peeled and shredded
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 Packet of Pandegliangeli or 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
- 1 Packet of Vanillina or 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/3 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- Zest of 1/2 of a Lemon
- Zest of 1/2 of an Orange
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 muffin tins with 18 liners (or spray the tins with non stick spray) and set aside.
2) In a bowl, mix together the ground almonds, cake flour, potato starch, salt, vanillina and pandegliangeli, set aside.
3) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the oil, butter and sugar, add the eggs with the orange and lemon zest and mix together for a few seconds, add the shredded carrots and mix until incorporated.
4) Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low speed while adding the milk. Mix the batter until it comes together but donít over mix.
5) Using an ice cream scoop, divide your batter evenly in your prepared muffin pan and bake them for 18 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.