Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 634
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
4Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
4 Large Bell Peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and liquid reserved (be careful not to break them)
1 lb of Ground Beef
Ĺ cup of Rice, cooked according to package instructions but making sure to drain it when itís not fully cooked yet, about 10 minutes away from being done.
3 Tbsp of Chopped Basil and Parsley
ľ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
1 cup of Chopped Mozzarella, or any other cheese of your choice
6 Plum Tomatoes, diced
3 Cloves of Garlic
Olive Oil, as needed
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes and juice from the roasted peppers, set aside.
3) In a separate large bowl, add your ground beef, egg, herbs, parmiggiano, mozzarella, about 1 cup of the tomato mixture, rice, salt and pepper. Mix together really well and divide your mixture amongst the roasted peppers making sure to stuff them well but being careful not to break them.
4) Drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil in your tomato mixture, add the garlic along with a little salt and pepper and mix together.
5) Add a little of your tomato mixture in the bottom of your baking dish (your baking dish should be big enough to fit the peppers in kind of tightly) place your peppers in the dish and cover them with the fresh tomato mixture.
6) Drizzle some oil over the top of the whole thing and bake them for about 45 minutes or until they are golden brown on top. Serve right away!