Cook time minutes
- 4 Large Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- ¼ cup of Tomato Puree
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 ½ cups Small Shaped Pasta
- 5 cups Water
- Freshly grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
1) In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium high heat, add the chopped onion, celery, carrot and potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the veggies begin to cook down and develop some color.
2) Add the water and tomato puree and cook over medium high heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender and the soup has thickened.
3) Add the pasta and cook for 10 more minutes.
4) Adjust the seasonings and add the fresh basil. Serve with some freshly grated parmiggiano reggiano over the top for the most delicious potato soup in the world!