Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 893
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves about 6 to 8Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 3 hrs 30 mins
3 lb Chuck Roast
2 Yellow Onions, sliced
2 Tbsp of Light Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
8 Cloves of Garlic, roughly chopped
2 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
8 oz of Sliced Pepperoncini Peppers
1 cup of Beef Stock
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Hoagie Rolls for serving
Sliced Sharp Provolone for serving
1) Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
2) In a dutch oven, add the oil and allow it to get nice and hot, season both sides of the beef with salt and pepper and sear it on both sides to develop some good dark color, remove to a plate and set aside.
3) Add the onions and saute until they develop some good color as well, add the garlic, cook for 1 more minute.
4) Add the beef back in along with the pepperoncini (juice and all) beef stock and Italian seasoning, bring a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and pop it in the oven to cook for about 3 to 3 and a half hours.
5) Take the beef out of the sauce, shred it with two forks (or your fingers) and set aside. skim off as much fat as you can from the surface of the sauce and add the shredded beef back in.
6) Toast up a couple of buttered hoagie rolls, stuff them with the beef mixture, top them with some sharp provolone and pop them under the broiler to melt the cheese, then prepare yourself for a bite that will rock your world!