Cook time minutes
- 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 3 (28oz) Cans of Tomato Puree
- 3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb of Cubed Chuck Roast
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 lb of Italian Sausage, cut into chunks
- 1 cup of Red Wine
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Basil
1) In a large pot over medium high heat, preheat the olive oil. Add the ground beef and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook until its pretty much all cooked through. Remove from the pan with slotted spoon.
2) Add the sausage and season lightly with salt and pepper, cook until brown on all sides. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon as well.
3) Add the chuck and do exactly the same thing. Remove to a plate with the remaining partially cooked sausage and ground beef.
4) Add the chopped onions to the remaining drippings and add a bit more oil if necessary. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until they start to develop some color. Add all the meats right back in and add in the wine. Cook for 1 minute
5) Add the tomato puree along with 1 cup of ¾ cups of water.
6) Bring to boil and reduce the heat to low, partially cover it and let it cook for 4 and half to 5 hours. Stir from the bottom up every 30 minutes.
7) Season with salt and pepper to taste and fresh basil. Serve over pasta, gnocchi, or cavatelli.