Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 136
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
For the Crust:
2 Cups of Flour
1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
For the Filling:
1 14 oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
2/3 Cup of Fresh Lemon Juice
Zest of One Lemon
1/4 tsp of Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp of Flour
Yellow Food Coloring (optional)
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
2) in a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the crust and mix together until it forms a dough. Press the dough in the bottom and half way up the sides of the baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
3) In a large bowl combine all of the filling ingredients and mix until everything is well mixed.
4) Pour into the baked crust and bake for 25 minutes.
5) Cool for 30 minutes at room temperature and 2 hours in the fridge.
6) Dust with confectioner sugar and cut into bars.