Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 635
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 8 or we depending on sizePrep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
2-1/4 cups of Flour
1/3 cup of Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
8 Tbsp Cold Unsalted Butter
½ cup Heavy Cream
½ tsp of Vanilla Paste
Zest of 1 Lemon
3/4 cup of Dried Blueberries
Egg wash (one egg beaten with 1 tbsp of water)
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mix just to combine.
3) Add the cold butter and mix it just until the butter has broken up a bit and distributed evenly throughout the dry ingredients.
6) In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, cream, vanilla and lemon zest. Add it to the dry mixture and mix until the dough comes together, add the blueberries and mix the mixture just long enough to incorporate them.
7) Dump it onto a lightly floured board and shape into a circle or a rectangle that’s about 3/4 inch thick. Cut the scones into desired shape and place them on the parchment lined baking sheet and brush the tops with the egg wash and sprinkle them with the raw sugar.
8) Bake for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden brown, let them cool completely.