Cook time10 minutes
ServingsMakes a couple dozen
- 1-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 3/4 Cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1-1/2 Tbsp of Poppy Seeds
1) In a bowl, using a handheld electric whisk, cream together the butter and sugar for about a minute, then add the eggs and whisk until well combined then quickly whisk in the lemon juice and zest and set aside.
2) Switch to a spatula, add all the dry ingredients along with the poppy seeds and mix together until your cookie dough comes together, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge for an hour.
3) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a few baking sheets with parchment paper, and using a small ice cream scoop (about a tablespoon in size) scoop your cookie dough a couple inches apart from each other on the prepared pans.
4) Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges and then allow to cool on wire racks before serving!