Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 44
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
1 lb of Linguine
2 lbs of Shrimp, peeled, peels reserved
6 Cloves of Garlic, 4 sliced thinly and the remaining 2 left whole
1 28oz Can of Cherry Tomatoes
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
˝ tsp Hot Pepper Flakes
2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley, reserve the stems
˝ cup of White Wine
˝ cup Shrimp Stock
Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2) Meanwhile in a small medium saucepan add the shrimp peels, the remaining 2 whole cloves of garlic, the reserved parsley stems and 3 cups of cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
3) Once ready strain the stock and set aside. (This makes a wonderful shrimp stock that you can use as a base for any kind of seafood soups, stews, sauces and so much more. (This stores well in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for up to a month.)
4) In a large skillet, over medium high heat, sauté the garlic and olive oil for about 1 minute.
5) Add hot pepper flakes and cook for 30 more seconds.
6) Add the white wine and cook for 1 minute so that the alcohol cooks out. Add the shrimp stock and cook 1 more minute.
7) Add cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper to taste, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
8) After 10 minutes of cooking take the lid off and cook uncovered for the last 5 minutes. At this point it’s the perfect time to cook the pasta (make sure its cooked al dente).
9) After the 10 minutes add the shrimp to the sauce and cook for 3 minutes.
10) Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Sprinkle in the fresh parsley and give it a good toss. Serve and eat immediately!