Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 311
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes a Couple Dozen
2 cups of All Purpose Flour
½ tsp of Salt
1 cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
½ cup of Granulated Sugar
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
About ½ cup of Strawberry Jam
1) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar and butter, add the vanilla and mix for a few more seconds.
2) Add the flour mixture and mix until your mixture forms a dough.
3) Dump the dough on a floured surface and pull it together in a disk. Wrap it in plastic wrap and chill it in the fridge for about 45 minutes.
4) Roll out the dough to about ¼ inch thick on a floured surface and using a cookie cutter cut into desired shape, making sure that half of the cookies have a little cut out in the center so the jam can show through when they are assembled.
5) Place the cookies on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and chill them in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
6) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, bake the cookies for about 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges, let them cool completely.
7) Smear a little jam on one cookie and top it with another cookie making sure the top cookie has a little cut out so the jam shows through. Sprinkle with confectioner sugar and enjoy!