Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 721
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
1 lb Lobster Meat, finely chopped
1 15oz container of Whole Milk Ricotta
1/2 cup of Parmigginao Reggiano
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Shallot, minced
4 Cloves Garlic
1/4 cup White Wine
2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Mixed Basil and Parsley
About 1 lb of fresh Pasta Dough or 1 batch of my homemade pasta dough, rolled out into sheets
Eggwash, one egg beaten with a touch of milk or water
1 28oz Can of Cherry Tomatoes
5oz of Mixed Mushrooms, sliced
1 Shallot, minced
1/3 cup of White Wine
1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
1 Tbsp of Butter
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
4 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
3 Tbsp of Mixed Chopped Basil and Parsley
Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the Filling:
1) In a skillet, add the butter and oil and let it get nice and hot over medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic and herbs, allow them to get nice and translucent.
2) Add the wine and allow it to cook for about 30 seconds, add the lobster meat, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook the mixture together for 1 minute. Turn the heat off and allow the lobster mixture to cool.
3) In a large bowl, add the ricotta, parmiggiano, and the cooled lobster mixture, mix everything together well, cover with some plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
4) When ready to fill, lay the pasta sheets in front of you, dollop some of the lobster filling on your pasta sheets, brush all the edges and in between the filling with some egg wash, fold the over half of the pasta sheet over the filling making sure to push out any extra air bubbles and cut out your ravioli either with a ravioli cutter or cookie cutter. Place them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper and sprinkled with semolina and pop them in the fridge while you make the sauce
To make the sauce:
5) In a large skillet with high sides, add the oil and let it get nice and hot over medium-high heat.
6) Add the shallot, mushrooms, herbs, garlic and hot pepper flakes. Cook the mixture for about 7 to 8 minutes or until the mixture develops great golden brown color.
7) Season the mushroom filling with salt and pepper, add the wine and allow the wine to cook for about 30 seconds.
8) Add the canned cherry tomatoes along with about 1/4 cup of water (add the water to the can of tomatoes after you added the tomatoes to the skillet), reduce the heat to medium, partially cover the skillet with a lid and allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes, remove the lid about 5 minutes before the sauce is done.
9) Add the cream to the sauce, season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste and allow it to simmer for a couple minutes while you cook the ravioli.
10) To cook the ravioli, add them to a big pot of salted boiling water and let them cook for just a few minutes or until the float to the surface, drain them well.
11) Add the drained ravioli to the sauce, add a handful of parmiggiano, give everything a good toss together and serve right away!