Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 536
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 2Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
For the risotto:
½ cup of Arborio Rice
2 Small Shallots, finely minced
1 Small Stalk of Celery, finely minced
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
½ cup of White Wine (I like using pinot grigio)
1 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
¼ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano (parmesan cheese)
2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
Pinch of hot Pepper Flakes
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
½ cup of Canned Peeled Chopped Tomatoes
Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the Lobster:
1 Lobster Tail
3 ½ cups of Water
3 Sprigs of Fresh Parsley
2 Sprigs of Thyme
1 tsp of Black Pepper Corns
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 tsp of Fish Base
Salt, to taste
1) In a large pot, add the water, parsley, thyme, fish base, peppercorns, garlic and salt, bring to a boil. Add the lobster tail and cook it for about 12 minutes or until fully cooked through. Remove the lobster tail from the water and set it aside to cool.
2) Drain the liquid through a fine sieve and place it in a saucepan and keep it on a simmer.
3) In a large skillet with high sides, over medium heat, add the garlic, celery and shallots and cook them in the olive oil for about 4 to 6 minutes or until translucent. Add the canned tomatoes and let the mixture cook for about 1 minute.
4) Add the rice and coat it really well with the veggie mixture.
5) Add the wine and allow it to reduce, once the wine has reduced, one ladle full at a time, start adding in the lobster stock to the rice and only adding another ladle full when each one has been absorbed into the rice. Continue this process until the rice is pretty much mostly cooked through.
6) Remove the lobster from the shell and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
7) Add it to the rice along with one more ladle full of stock, the butter and cheese. Cover the pan with a lid and let it sit for about 3 minutes.
8) Uncover, add the parsley, stir and serve immediately!