Cook time15 minutes
- 4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 2 tsp of Sugar
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup of Vegetable Shortening, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup of 7-up or Sprite
- 1 cup of Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted butter
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place the butter in a 9x13 inch pan and pop it in the oven to melt, then take it out and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar, mix together with a spoon then add the cold vegetable shortening and using a pastry cutter, cut the shortening in the dry ingredients mixture as much as you can until you no longer see large chunks of shortening.
3) Mix in the sour cream and 7-up and mix until your dough comes together, it will be sticky but thatís normal.
4) Dump the dough on a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to about an inch thick then using a 3 and a half inch biscuit cutter cut 12 biscuits and place them right in the pan over the melted butter.
5) Bake for about 15 minutes or until the top is a beautiful golden brown color.