Cook time minutes
ServingsMakes 1 Quart
- 3 Ripe Mangos
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Simple Syrup
- Pinch of Salt
1) To make the simple syrup add ¼ cup of sugar and ¼ cup of water in a small saucepan and bring to boil, cook until the sugar dissolves but does not turn color. Let cool completely.
2) Cut the mango (watch video for demonstration on how to cut a mango) take off the peel and place the mango pieces in a food processor. Add the salt and lemon juice, process for about 2 minutes until the mixture turns into a smooth puree.
3) Push the puree in a bowl thru a fine sieve and discard anything that’s not going thru.
4) Add the simple syrup and mix it in. place the mixture in the fridge overnight.
5) Place the insert of your ice cream machine in the freezer overnight as well.
6) Place the insert in your ice cream and add the mango mixture in. turn it on and freeze according to manufacture’s instructions.
7) Serve right away or freeze for up to 1 month.