Preparation3 hours 0 minutes
Cook time8 minutes
ServingsMakes a few dozen
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup of Good Dark Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1) In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking powder, set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar and butter for 1 minute, add the egg and vanilla and mix for another minute or two.
3) Add the dry ingredients, mix long enough to combine, wrap the dough in some plastic wrap and pop them in the fridge for a few hours.
4) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, line a couple baking sheets with some parchment paper and set aside.
5) Roll the dough out to about 1/4" thick, cut the cookies with your desired cutter, place them on the prepared baking sheets and bake them for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges