Cook time40 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
For the Dough:
- 1 Package of Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup of Whole Milk
- ¼ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Water, warmed up to 115 degrees
- 1 tsp of Salt
- ¼ cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 3 1/2 cups of All Purpose FlourFilling:
- 1 cup of Fresh cranberries
- ½ cup of Sugar
- Zest of Half of an Orange
- Juice from 1 Orange
- 1 Tbsp of ButterTopping:
- 2 Tbsp of Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Raw Sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp of Cold Butter, diced
- 1 Tbsp of Melted Butter
1) In a small bowl, add the water, yeast and 1 tsp of the sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix together the flour, remaining sugar and salt.
3) Add the melted butter, milk and yeast mixture, mix it until it comes together, then with the speed on medium, let it kneed for about 7 minutes or until you have a smooth dough.
4) Place the dough into an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place it a warm spot to rise and double in volume, about an hour.
5) Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add all the ingredients for the filling and cook it for about 15 minutes or until the cranberries have all popped.
6) Place the filling in a small bowl and pop it in the fridge to cool completely.
7) When the dough is ready, dump it on a floured surface, punch it down and roll it out to about a 20x10 inch rectangle.
8) Spread the mixture all over the top, leaving a ½ boarder on all sides, roll it like a jelly roll starting from the long side and pinch the seams to seal.
9) Place in a zigzag pattern in a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan, brush the top with the 1 Tbsp of melted butter and set aside for just a few minutes.
10) In a small bowl, using a fork mix together all the ingredients for the topping, scatter it over the top of the bread, cover with a kitchen towel and place it in a warm spot once again and let it rise until it’s doubled nicely.
11) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and let the bread bake for about 40 minutes or until the bread sounds a bit hallow when tapped. Let it cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, and then carefully remove it to a rack to cool completely.