Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 527
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes a Few DozenPrep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hrs 15 mins
3 Egg Whites
2/3 cup of Superfine Sugar
½ tsp of Cream of Tartar
¼ tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
Shredded Coconut, optional
1) Preheat your oven to 275 degrees, line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a large bowl with a hand held electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until they become a little frothy, add the cream of tartar and salt and mix it in until combined.
3) Slowly add the sugar and whisk the mixture until the egg whites become thick and very glossy and the sugar has dissolved (pinch the mixture in between your fingers and see if you feel the sugar, if you do, keep mixing)
4) With either two small spoons or in a piping bag fitted with a large round tip, form little dollops on your prepared baking sheet a couple inches apart.
5) Sprinkle the top with some coconut and bake them for 1 hour and 15 minutes making sure to rotate the baking sheets half way through baking. Turn the oven off and let them cool and dry out with the oven door shut for 3 hours.
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for a couple weeks!