Cook time45 minutes
ServingsServes 4-6 as an appetizer
- 5 Ears of Corn
- 3 or 4 Scallions
- 1/2 of a Green Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup of Mayo or more according to taste
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup of Crumbled Cotija Cheese, optional
1) Cook the corn in salted boiling water for 30 minutes, remove from the water and set aside.
2) On either an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill, grill the corn, pepper and scallions until they develop some grill marks, set aside and allow them to come to room temperature.
3) Cut the kernels off the cob (watch the video to see the easiest way to do it) then chop the scallions and pepper, add that in the bowl along with the mayo, lime juice, cilantro and salt and mix together really well.
4) Pour mixture into a serving bowl, top with a little cotija cheese and pop it in the fridge for about half an hour so all the flavors mingle, then serve with tortilla chips!