Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 570
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
1 cup of Long Grain Rice
2 Tbsp of Light Olive Oil
1 Small Onion, finely diced
1 Small Red Bell Pepper, seeded and finely diced
1 8oz can of Tomato Sauce
1 ½ cups of Chicken Stock
½ tsp of Ground Tumeric
½ tsp of Ground Cumin
1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
½ tsp of Oregano
4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a saucepan, add the olive oil along with the onion, bell pepper and garlic and let them cook together over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent.
2) Add the rice, stir it around with the onion mixture for about a minute.
3) Add the tomato sauce, chicken stock, tumeric, cumin, oregano, granulated garlic, salt and pepper.
4) Place a lid on the pot, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
5) Fluff it up with a fork and serve it right away!