Cook time20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp of Olive oil
- 1 Bunch (about 5 or 6) Green Onions, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 1 Large Carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 2 Zucchini, diced
- 1 14oz can of Cannelini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of White Wine
- 1 3” Piece of Parmiggiano Rind or just freshly grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- 3 cups of Baby Spinach, washed, dried and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of Pesto
- 6 cups of Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock
- ½ cup of Frozen Peas, defrosted
- 1 cup of Cheese and Spinach Tortellini or any other dried pasta
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large soup pot, add the oil and preheat it over medium heat.
2) Add the green onions, carrot and celery and let them get nice and translucent, about 5 minutes.
3) Add the wine and allow it to cook out for about a minute.
4) Add the stock along with the cannelini beans and parmesan rind and bring to a boil.
5) Add the chopped zucchini and asparagus and cook for about 10 minutes.
6) Add the tortellini and cook them until cooked through, about 7 or 8 minutes. Add the spinach, peas and pesto and cook for 1 more minute.
7) Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately!