Cook time minutes
For the blueberry layer:
- 1-1/2 cups of Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 cup of Brown SugarFor the batter:
- 1/4 cup of Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup of Whole Milk
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp of Salt
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extra
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 6 pan jumbo muffin tin with some butter and set aside. If you’re using a regular muffin tin, this recipe will make about 10 mini cakes.
2) Divide the blueberries and brown sugar evenly in the bottom of the muffin cups and pop them in the oven while you make the batter.
3) In a large bowl, using a handheld electric whisk, cream together the sugar and butter for about a minute, then add the eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk for an additional minute.
4) Add the flour, baking powder and salt along with the milk and mix until well incorporated.
5) Using an ice cream scoop, dollop the batter over the blueberries and brown sugar, pop them in the oven to bake for about 20 minutes.
6) Once cooked through, allow them to sit for exactly 10 minutes in the tin then invert them onto a platter and serve with the best quality vanilla ice cream you can get your hands on!
NOTE: If baking these in a standard size muffin tin, they will only need about 15 minutes or so to cook through so keep an eye on them!