Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 513
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes about 12Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
8oz of Crabmeat
3 Scallions, trimmed
1 Clove of Garlic, minced
Zest of Half of a Small Lemon
½ cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
2 tsp of Old Bay seasoning
2 Tbsp of Parsley
1 tsp of Worcesteshire Sauce
2 Tbsp of Mayo
¼ cup of Vegetable Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the sauce:
½ cup of Mayo
1 Clove of Garlic, finely minced
2 Tbsp of Parsley, finely chopped
1 Scallion, trimmed and finely minced
Zest of the Remaining Lemon
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) In a small food processor, add the scallions, parsley, lemon, mayo, and garlic. Puree until smooth.
2) In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat, scallion mixture, old bay, egg, worcesteshire sauce, a touch of salt and pepper and panko. Mix it all together, cover and stick it in the fridge for about an hour.
3) Preheat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, using two tablespoons, drop little mounds of the crabmeat mixture in the hot oil, then lightly flatten them a bit to form a patty.
4) Cook them for about 3 minutes on each side.
5) Place them on a paper towel lined plate to cool for a few minutes while you make the sauce.
To make the sauce:
6) Combine the mayo, scallion, remaining zest of the small lemon, juice of half of the lemon juice, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper.
7) Mix it all together and serve it with the crab cakes.