Cook time15 minutes
ServingsMakes about 32
For the Cake Batter:
- 1 1/4 cups of Cake Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- ½ tsp of Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Nutmeg
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup of Eggnog
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp of Vanilla ExtractFor the Frosting:
- 4oz of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 cups of Confectioner Sugar
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp of Nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp of Eggnog
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line a couple of mini muffin tins with liners and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients, set aside.
3) In a large bowl, using a handheld whisk, cream together the butter, oil and sugar for about 1 minute or until nice and fluffy.
4) Add the vanilla and eggs and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and pale in color. Add the eggnog and mix that in so it’s combined.
5) Add the dry ingredients and mix everything together so you have a nice smooth batter but don’t over mix.
6) Using a small ice cream scoop, divide your batter evenly in your muffin tin, bake them for about 12 to 14 minutes or until cooked through. Allow them to cool completely.
7) To make the frosting, add the cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a large bowl and using a hand help electric whisk, cream them together well, add remaining ingredients and mix until you have a nice creamy frosting.
8) When the cupcakes are cooled, fill a disposable piping bag with the frosting, (make sure the piping bag is fitted with a plain large tip) decorate the cupcakes as desired and top them with some colorful sprinkles.