Cook time20 minutes
For the caramel topping:
- 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 6 slices of fresh Pineapple, cored or canned pineapple
- Maraschino CherriesFor the Cakes:
- 1-1/3 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 to 2/3 Cup of Pineapple Juice
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 6 cup mini cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2) Divide the butter evenly in the mini cake pans and place it in the oven until the butter melts.
3) Sprinkle some brown sugar in each one to the melted butter and mix to combine. Place the pineapple slices over the brown sugar mixture and arrange the maraschino cherries all around. Set aside while you make the batter.
4) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, add the pineapple juice (start with 1/4 cup and add more once the whole batter is done and you feel you need a touch more liquid), egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix just until everything is mixed thoroughly, divide batter in the mini cake pans and bake them for about 30 minutes or until fully cooked through.
5) After the cakes are done, take them out and let sit for 5 minutes only. After the five minutes invert onto a plate and let cool for 30 minutes before serving.