Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 184
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes About 40
2 cups of Flour
2 ½ Sticks of unsalted Butter (1 ¼ cup) at room temperature
1 1/2 cup of Semisweet Chocolate chips
½ tsp of Baking Powder
¾ tsp of Ground Cinnamon
¼ tsp of Salt
1 cup of Confectioner Sugar
½ cup of Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp of Instant Espresso Powder
¼ cup of Granulated Sugar, for dipping
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl cream together the butter, instant coffee, brown sugar, confectioner sugar and vanilla, until well combined.
3) Add the four, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt and mix in until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4) Using a small ice cream scoop or a 1 tbsp measuring spoon, form the cookies and dip only one side of the cookie in the granulated sugar. Place them on a non stick baking sheet sugar side up and using your fingers gently press the top to flatten them just a little. Make sure you set them up a couple inches apart from eachother.
5) Place the baking sheets in the center of the oven and bake for about 13 to 14 minutes rotating the pan half way through for even cooking.
6) Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.