Cook time minutes
- 2 lbs of Mussels, cleaned, scrubbed and de beard
- 4 cloves of Garlic, sliced
- 2 Tbsp of fresh Parsley, chopped
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 1 lg Tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 cup of White Wine
1) Preheat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat, add the garlic, tomato, parsley and hot pepper flakes and cook for about a minute or two.
2) Add the wine and let it reduce by about half, about 3 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
3) Add the mussels and cover with a lid, let it cook for about 5 minutes or until the mussels open up.
Serve with some charred Italian bread.