Cook time40 minutes
ServingsMakes about 16 bars
- 3/4 Cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1-1/4 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- zest of 1/2 of an Orange or 1 Clementine
- 3/4 Cup of Seedless Blackberry Jam
- Juice of 1/2 of an Orange
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9X9” baking pan and line with parchment paper.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the flour, oats and salt, set aside.
3) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar, add the clementine zest and vanilla and incorporate everything together.
4) Add the dry ingredients and and mix everything together until combined.
5) Flour your hands well and press most of the dough into your prepared pan but reserve 1/2 cup of the dough for later.
6) Bake the dough for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
7) In a small bowl, mix together the jam and orange juice and spread it evenly over the pre-baked base. Using 2 small spoons, drop little pieces of the reserved dough on top of the jam.
8) Pop it back in the oven for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool completely and cut into small bars.