Cook time minutes
ServingsServes 2 Generously
- 8 oz of Orecchiette Pasta
- 1 Large Bunch of Broccoli Rabe, washed, dried and chopped
- 3 Links of Italian Turkey Sausage, casing removed and broken up a bit
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to Ttaste
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
1) Fill a large pot with water and give it a generous sprinkle of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large non stick pan add the olive oil and preheat over medium high heat. Add the turkey sausage and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook for about seven minutes or until fully cooked through.
3) Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4) In the same pan add the garlic and cook for about a minute. Add the hot pepper flakes and broccoli rabe. Cover with a lid and turn the heat down to low and cook for about 3 minutes or until the broccoli rabe starts to wilt. Once itís wilted remove lid and turn the heat back up to medium. Add Ĺ cup of water and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes.
5) At this point add the pasta to the boiling water.
6) After 8 minutes add Ĺ cup of the starchy cooking water, the cooked turkey sausage and season with salt and pepper, let cook for a couple minutes.
7) Add the drained pasta, butter and parmiggiano regginao. Stir everything together to get all of the butter and parmiggiano mixed well.
Serve right away!