Cook time20 minutes
ServingsMakes a few dozen
- 2 Sheets of Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Raw Sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- Zest of 1 Orange, optional
- Egg Wash, one egg beaten with a bit of milk or water
1) Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, raw sugar and orange zest. Lightly sprinkle about 1/4 cup of the sugar mixture on your work surface. Roll out the puff pastry, about an inch bigger in all four sides and brush the surface with the egg wash.
3) Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the sugar mixture evenly over the top of the pastry and pat it in with your hands.
4) Roll each half of the pastry like a jelly roll and meet in the center.
5) Cut each roll about 1” thick and place the cookies cut side down a couple inches apart on your baking sheet. Repeat the same process with the other piece of pastry. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for about 15 minutes while you preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
6) Bake the cookies (take them straight from the freezer to the oven) for about 20 minutes (they might take a little longer) or until golden brown on both sides. Allow them to cool completely before serving.