Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 315
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 2 to 3 (depending on the size of the ramekins)
1 Envelope of Unflavored Gelatin
2 Tbsp of Water
1 cup of Half and Half
½ cup of Heavy Cream
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
½ tsp of Lemon peel
2 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
For the Strawberry Sauce:
1 cup of Frozen but Thawed Strawberries
1 Tbsp of Sugar or more depending on your taste
1 tsp of Fresh Lemon Juice
½ tsp of Corn Starch mixed with 1 Tbsp of Water
Recipe By: Laura Vitale
1) Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatin, set aside to soften.
2) In a small saucepan, add the heavy cream, half and half, lemon zest and sugar, bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn the heat off and add the gelatin mixture, whisk for a couple minutes or until the gelatin melts.
3) Strain this mixture and add the vanilla extract to the strained mixture.
4) Divide the mixture between three large ramekins or four small ones. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
To make the sauce:
5) Place the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a blender and puree it. Strain it through a fine sieve and place the puree in a small saucepan.
6) Bring the puree to a simmer and add the cornstarch mixture and cook stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and pour it in a small container and let it cool completely.
7) Dip the bottom of each ramekin in a bowl of hot water for 10 seconds. Run a thin knife around the edges of the ramekin.
8) Invert the panna cotta on a serving plate. Spoon some of the cooled sauce over the top and enjoy!