Cook time minutes
- 3 (15oz cans) Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled but not chopped
- ˝ cup of Marinara Sauce, or any leftover tomato sauce you have around
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 7 ˝ cups of water
- 1 ˝ cup of Ditalini Pasta, or any short cut pasta
- 4 or 5 Fresh Basil Leaves
1) In a large soup pot over medium heat sauté the onions and celery with the olive oil until the veggies are soft and translucent but not browned. About 5 minutes.
2) Add the garlic and beans and give it a nice stir. Add the water and tomato sauce, cover turn the heat up to medium high and cook for 45 minutes.
3) After the 45 minutes uncover, season well with salt and pepper and add the pasta. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
4) Once the pasta is cooked, turn the heat off and add a few fresh leaves of basil and serve up!
5) I do think it’s absolutely necessary to have a large chunk of crusty Italian bread to dip in this amazingly delicious soup. Do not even think about eating it with crackers it has to be crusty Italian bread! It’s the law!