Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 369
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
8 oz Tagliatelle Pasta, or any kind of thick ribbon shape pasta
1 Bunch of Asparagus, washed, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Large Carrot, peeled and grated
1 Large Zucchini, trimmed and cut into half moon pieces or a handful of baby zucchini, halved
1 cup of Fresh Shelled Baby Peas or frozen but defrosted peas if you cant find fresh
5 Shallots, sliced
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
½ cup of White Wine
1 ½ cups of Vegetable Stock
Zest and Juice of One Small Lemon
2 Tbsp of Parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp of Fresh Thyme, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water and sprinkle in a good pinch of salt, bring to a boil.
2) Preheat a large skillet with high sides over medium high heat, add the olive oil and let it get hot.
3) Add the carrot, zucchini, asparagus, spring onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the veggies begin to soften.
4) Add the pasta to the boiling water at this point and cook according to package instructions, drain well. Reserve ½ cup of the starchy cooking water.
5) Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and mix well, add the wine and allow it to cook out for 1 minute.
6) Add the vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Add the fresh peas and let the veggies cook for another 5 to 7 minutes or until the vegetable stock thickens.
8) Add in the fresh chopped thyme, parsley, lemon juice and zest and toss it all with the pasta. Turn the heat off and grate in a good amount of parmiggiano regginao. Add in the reserves starchy cooking water if you feel like the sauce needs it.
Serve and enjoy!