Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 403
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 12Prep time: 8 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
ĺ cup of Granulated Sugar
Ĺ cup of Vegetable Oil
2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
1/8 tsp of Salt
1 1/2 cup of Cake Flour
1/3 cup of Whole Milk
For the filling:
1 cup of Seedless Jam, I use strawberry jam but you can use whatever kind you prefer
For the frosting:
2 to 2 Ĺ cups of Confectioner Sugar
ľ cup of Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
1 cup of Smooth Peanut Butter
8 oz Cream Cheese, at room temperature
Ĺ tsp of Vanilla Extract
About 1 Tbsp of Milk, if needed
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
3) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar and vegetable oil, add the eggs and vanilla and cream them together well.
4) Add in half of the milk and half of the dry ingredients and mix them to combine, once they are mixed in, add in the remaining milk and dry ingredients and mix to incorporate but donít over mix.
5) Using an ice cream scoop, fill your muffin tin and bake them for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6) Let them cool completely.
7) Fit a plain round pastry tip in a disposable piping bag and fill it with the jam.
8) Fit the tip far in the cupcake and squeeze out about 1 Tbsp of jam in each one (donít over fill otherwise they will explode).
9) Let those sit while you make the filling.
10) In a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, cream cheese and vanilla until well creamy and combined.
11) A little at a time, add the confectioner sugar and beat until well combined.
12) Scoop the frosting in a disposable piping bag thatís been fitted with either a plain tip or a star tip, and frost each cupcake.
Sprinkle over some chopped peanuts if youíd like.