Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 114
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes About 2 Dozen
1 ½ Cups of Flour
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp of Salt
½ cup of Unsalted Butter at room temperature
½ Cup of Granulated Sugar
½ Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg
¼ tsp of Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup plus 2 Tbsp of smooth peanut butter
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, position rack in the center of the oven.
2) Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until very light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in the egg and continue to mix until creamy and combined. (make sure you scrape the sides of the bowl before you add each ingredient to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated)
3) Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix until combined.
4) Add the dry ingredients and just mix until everything is incorporated but don’t over mix.
5) Using 2 tablespoons or a small ice cream scoop, for the cookies and place them on a baking sheet about 3 inches apart, flatten the cookies slightly with your hand and using a fork make a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie.
6) Bake the cookies for about 15 to 18 minutes or until they are lightly golden around the edges.
7) Cool on baking sheet for about 1 minute then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.