Cook time45 minutes
ServingsMakes a few dozen
For the Crust:
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of SaltFor the Filling:
- 1 cup of Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1-1/4 cups of Chopped Pecans
- 2 Tbsp of Cornstarch
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 cup of Semisweet Mini Chocolate Chips, optional
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and place a rack in the lower third of your oven. Grease an 11x15 inch baking sheet with some non stick spray and set aside.
2) In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, butter and salt until combined (this might be a bit sticky) then press the dough evenly in the bottom of your prepared baking sheet (it will look like there won't be enough but there is and you only need a very thin layer) bake the crust for 15 minutes and while that happens, make the filling.
3) In the same bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the filling, then pour over the pre-baked crust and using a spatula, smear it nice and evenly. Bake the cookies for 25 minutes or until the edges become deeply brown and a bit crispy looking then as soon as they come out, sprinkle the chocolate chips over top and allow them to sit for 30 minutes before cutting them into squares and allowing them to finish cooling completely on a wire rack.