Cook time30 minutes
- 1 lb of Ground Chicken
- 10 oz of Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Ĺ cup of Marsala
- ĺ cup of Beef Broth
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 1 lb of Whole Wheat Penne
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- ľ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano (parmesan cheese)
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Parsely, chopped
- 2 tsp of Fresh Thyme, chopped
1) Fill a large pot with water, sprinkle in some salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, add the olive oil and preheat it over medium high heat.
3) Add the chicken and break it up with your wooden spoon as best as you can, cook it for 3 to 4 minutes or until itís mostly cooked through.
4) Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon (add a bit more oil if necessary) add the chopped onion and season lightly with salt, allow it to cook for about 3 minutes or until it begins to cook down a bit.
5) Add the garlic and mushrooms and season that as well with a little salt and pepper and let the veggies cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until they have developed some color and cooked down quite a bit.
6) Add the chicken back in and sprinkle over the flour, cook stirring for 30 seconds, add the marsala and let it cook for 1 minute or until itís reduced by half.
7) Add the beef stock and bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and let the mixture cook for 10 minutes, at this point, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook it according to package instructions, drain well and put it back in the hot pot.
8) Add the thyme, butter and parsley to the sauce and taste it to make sure the seasonings are just right.
9) Add the sauce to the pasta and toss all together with the cheese. Serve Immediately!